June 3, 2021
You need a dental implant, but you are reluctant to get started. Dr. Peter Thompson and his team in Portales, NM understand that there is some hesitation, and let’s face it, life gets in the way. However, here is a list of reasons as to why you shouldn’t wait
- Stop your remaining teeth from moving. Your teeth help keep everything in place. When you are missing a tooth, and have a gap, your teeth will start to shift to fill in that gap. That could cause uneven teeth and teeth that are harder to clean and, in the end, cost you more to fix.
- Save Your Jawbone. When you are missing a tooth, your jawbone slowly starts to deteriorate and shrink away. The roots of your teeth keep the jawbone stimulated to maintain the bone mass. The longer you are missing the tooth, the more the bone will disintegrate, making the implant process more difficult.
- The appearance of your face. Living without a tooth can eventually change how you look, especially if you suffer from bone deterioration. The longer you go, your skin could begin to make your cheeks sag, which will make you look older than you are.
- The way you speak. When you are missing a tooth, it could make it hard to annunciate words, making you sound like you have a lisp.
- Your overall self-esteem. Getting a dental implant will allow you to feel like your usual self. You won’t have to worry about how you look or how you sound. The implant looks and feels like a regular tooth. No one will know that you have an implant unless you tell them.
These are just a few reasons why you should not wait to get your dental implant, and the office of Dr. Peter Thompson is here to help you! They offer Hybrid Full-Mouth Dental Implants; they can complete your treatment from start to finish in-house and have state-of-the-art technology. If you are experiencing any hesitations or have further questions, contact our office. We are happy to ease your mind and get you on track to a beautiful smile.
Peter L Thompson DDS
123 West 2nd St.
Portales NM 88130
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.