Same-Day CEREC Dental Crowns – Portales, NM
Fixing Broken Teeth in Just a Day
How long do you have to wait before your tooth enjoys the strength and protection of a permanent crown? If you went to a dentist who only offered traditional crowns, then the answer would be weeks; you’d have to wear a less durable temporary crown while the permanent one was being made. But when you visit Dr. Thompson, you’ll be able to enjoy the convenience that same-day CEREC dental crowns in Portales have to offer. If you think you might need a tooth repaired soon, call us today and see how our modern dental technology can help us restore your smile.
Why Choose Peter L. Thompson, DDS for Same-Day CEREC Dental Crowns?
- Dental Crowns Made in One Visit
- Long-Lasting Natural-Looking Results
- Dentist with 20+ Years of Experience
How CEREC Technology Works
CEREC is short for Chairside Economical Restorations of Esthetic Ceramic. Its purpose is to give dentists the means to create high-quality tooth restorations without having to rely on an outside dental lab. The system combines computer-assisted design (CAD) and computer-aided manufacturing (CAM) to produce precisely fitted crowns in comparatively little time. The procedure is as follows:
- Your tooth will be prepared, meaning small amounts of enamel will be removed.
- A tiny digital camera will take numerous pictures of the inside of your mouth.
- The images are combined into a 3D model of the tooth.
- A milling machine will carve a crown out of a block of ceramic based on the provided model.
- Necessary last-minute adjustments are made, and the crown is cemented to the tooth.
The entire process takes roughly an hour, meaning your smile will be all good to go after just a single short appointment.
Are CEREC Crowns High-Quality?
Some people might think that because CEREC crowns are made in so little time, they’re of lower quality. That’s not the case at all! Precision and accuracy are two of the biggest advantages of CAD and CAM. Your tooth will be measured extremely carefully so that the final crown is a perfect fit. The final restoration will be made out of high-quality ceramic that easily meets the strength and durability requirements that your crown will need to withstand the pressures of biting and chewing. And CAM ensures that the final product will be created precisely according to your needs. In short, when you choose CEREC, you are by no means compromising quality for convenience.
Benefits of CEREC Crowns
- There is no putty-like material involved in the process of taking a digital impression, saving both dentist and patient a messy situation.
- The final restoration is ready in just an hour, and you don’t need to schedule a follow-up appointment at a later date.
- There’s no need to get an uncomfortable temporary crown that can become dislodged easily.
- On average, a CEREC crown lasts for about 10 to 15 years. You can extend their lifetime even further, though, if you brush and floss on a regular basis.