Dental Crowns – Portales, NM
Enjoy a Natural-Looking Dental Crown
Your teeth are designed to last for a lifetime; however, it’s not unusual for a tooth to suffer damage over the years. If a tooth has been compromised by decay or trauma, we can treat it with a crown. The versatile treatment can improve the health, function, and appearance of a tooth while also giving it an added layer of protection. Our office offers all-ceramic dental crowns in Portales to ensure your restoration looks just like your real tooth.
Why Choose Dr. Peter L. Thompson for Dental Crowns?
- CEREC Technology for Same-Day Crowns
- Advanced Design Technology for Improved Accuracy
- High-Quality, Durable Materials
What is a Dental Crown?
A dental crown is one of the most widely used treatments in restorative dentistry; however, it also offers aesthetic benefits. The custom-made cap covers the entire surface of a tooth above the gum line, making it a suitable solution to resolve a variety of issues. Crowns can be used alone or in combination with other treatments. We may recommend a crown if you have:
- A weakened tooth at risk of breaking.
- A large area of decay.
- A significant break or fracture.
- A tooth needing a root canal.
- A dental bridge to replace missing teeth.
- An abnormally shaped or unattractive tooth.
The Dental Crown Process
Our office uses advanced technology to simplify the process of getting a crown. In fact, you can get the restoration you need in just one day. There isn’t any reason for a messy impression, temporary crown, or multiple visits.
After your initial consultation, you’ll be scheduled for your procedure. Your mouth will be numbed before we prepare your tooth by reshaping it and treating any decay or infection. A digital impression of your mouth is taken to capture the information necessary to create your crown. State-of-the-art technology allows us to design it to meet your exact specifications.
The information is sent to our in-office milling machine, where your restoration is cut from a single block of all-ceramic material. In about 1 hour, your crown will be ready to bond to your tooth. Once it is in place, you’ll walk out of our office with a flawless restoration that can last for a decade or longer with the right aftercare, like maintaining your oral hygiene.
The Benefits of Getting a Dental Crown
A crown is a great solution that offers many advantages to preserve your smile, including:
- Protect a weakened tooth from breaking.
- Restore the integrity and health of a tooth.
- Improve the function and appearance of a tooth.
- Custom-made crown to meet your needs.
- Natural-looking results to smile confidently.
- Durable and high-quality materials.
- Long-term solution with the right care.
- Covered under many dental insurance policies.
- Quick process to save time and money.
Schedule Your Consultation Today
Don’t live with a smile that’s less than your best. We can improve the health and appearance of your smile using the latest innovations in dentistry. Contact our office today to schedule your consultation for a dental crown. We can give you the restoration you need in a single day.