New Patient Specials
Passion for Dentistry,
Compassion for People.
We are here for your entire family, all under one roof.
Current New Patient Special $49 New Patient Appointment
Includes comprehensive exam and x-rays
What Sets Our Team Apart?
- #1 New Mexico Sedation Dental office.
- Advanced technology means fewer appointments, faster healing.
- Convenient scheduling so you can get in, out, and back to your life.
- Get everyone in at once with family appointment blocks.
- No insurance? No problem. Take advantage of our flexible payment options.
- Feeling pain? Emergency services available - call now!
CURRENT NEW PATIENT SPECIAL $49 New Patient Appointment
Includes comprehensive exam and x-rays
From cleanings for your whole family to same-day porcelain crowns and beautiful dentures and implants
– our team here in Portales goes above and beyond to bring you the most comfortable, friendly, and safe environment possible. The health and safety of our patients, our team, and our community is our top priority - we are here for you and provide a safe environment for you and your family's dental care.
Why Our Patients Smile
"When I found Doctor Thompson, you could honestly say I was at my end. All hope of ever having a normal pain-free life was entirely out of reach and there was no way anyone could possibly help me. I had been repeatedly let down by doctors, specialists, and dentists I had been to. I was convinced these people were only there to hurt you and take your money, not actually sit down with you and help you!"Read More
"I first came to Dr. Thompson’s dental office in January of 2010. I had been having headaches due to muscular tension in my jaw. I suffer from a relatively rare genetic disorder called Amelogenesis imperfecta. This disorder affects the enamel formation in teeth, and I basically had no enamel on my teeth as a child and adult. Due to this I had to have all my teeth removed and replaced with dentures when I was only 25."Read More
"My poor dental health was affecting my self-esteem. I feel so good about Dr. Thompson because of the personable way that you are treated. Peter calls to see if you are okay. That was a first since being to many dentists. You don’t have to go through the stress and dread of being in the chair so long with the sedation. They know what they are doing and everyone is wonderful. I would never consider going anywhere else."
"What a feeling – being able to smile any time I want without shielding my two front teeth with my hand anymore! I must admit, I didn’t know much about veneers until a friend of mine mentioned them to me. He piqued my curiosity, but it was only after I spoke to Dr. Thompson and his staff that I decided to go ahead with the procedure."Read More
We have patients from far and wide that make the trip to see us.
Meet Dr. Peter L. Thompson
Dr. Thompson grew up in Puyallup, Washington and was transplanted to Eastern New Mexico with the Military. He decided to pursue his college education at Eastern New Mexico University and graduated in ’94 Summa Cum Laude. In 2000, he graduated from the University of Texas with his DDS degree. Several of his mentors in life told him that graduation from dental school was the beginning of his education, not the end.
He has taken this to heart and has completed over a thousand hours of continuing education yearly to sharpen his skills and provide the absolute best for his patients.
Memberships & Associations
- Las Vegas Institute for Advanced Dental Studies Graduate
- American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry
- International Academy of Comprehensive Esthetics
- American Orthodontic Society
- Fellow of the Academy of General Dentistry
- Fellow of the Dental Organization for Conscious Sedation
- Fellow of the International Congress of Oral Implantologists
- Listed as one of “America’s Best Dentists”
- American Dental Association
- New Mexico Dental Association
- Portales Rotary Club
- Eastern New Mexico University Foundation Board
- Fellow of the Misch International Implant Institute
- Eastern New Mexico University Bench Club Board